Friday, 28 December 2012

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

And we're back to regularly scheduled blogging! I hope you all had a great holiday. I feel like I'm still full from all of the Christmas meals I've consumed over the last few days, but no complaining from me! Also some news that I'm pretty sure is exciting for me and absolutely no one else is that I hit my Goodreads reading challenge goal the other day! I challenged myself to read 60 books in 2012, and so far I've read 64. Yay!

After a multitude of holiday glitters and festive colours, today's polish is bringing it back down a bit. OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is a dark silver shimmer foil polish from 2010's Swiss collection. In elementary school there was this one kid who always used to colour her nails in with pencil (ew), and this polish kind of reminds me of that shiny graphite look.

Shade, 3 coats plus topcoat
Indirect sunlight
Sunlight

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous has a pretty sheer and watery formula, but it does build up nicely. It definitely needs three coats for an even look.

When I bought this polish last year, it had a lot of hype around it from various nail blogs, so my expectations were very high. While not a perfect polish, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelousis extremely gorgeous and didn't disappoint. If you've ever had the urge to have pencil nails, your polish is here! :)

Did you get any polish for Christmas? I didn't this year, but Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous was one of my gifts last Christmas!

17 comments:

  1. Oooooh gorgeous!!!! Beautiful swatches per usual girl! I hope you had a fantastic holiday and congrats on reaching your goal! It always feels good to reach a goal :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, Kristine! :) I hope you had a great holiday too! <3

      Delete
  2. This has always been one of my favorite opis! It looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely on my top OPI list too! Thanks, Kelly! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on reaching your goal :). I work for a book wholesaler so we maybe have more in common that just our love of polish and blogging :). Shame this polish is sheer as the colour would be lovely for stamping but sounds like the formula would let it down xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lou! Ooh, that's so cool - it definitely sounds like we have a lot in common! :) And I totally agree, in theory this would be a beautiful colour for stamping but I think it wouldn't work too well because of the formula, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on reaching your reading goal! 64 books... that's fantastic! I love reading and really need to make more time for it. :-)
    Great color! It looks fantastic on you!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yun! :) I find it's hard sometimes to make time for reading, but when I do it's always so relaxing and rejuvenating!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the milestone! And this color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!!! :D 64 books??! That is awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm, no desire for pencil nails here, thank you! :D But I love grey and gunmetal polishes, and this one fits the bill. Congrats on your book milestone by the way! I just went on a reading spree and read 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' almost in one sitting. It's hard to go back to work after a break and have to cut down on my book time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! :) I loved Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! I remember wishing I could read it it one sitting since I was so hooked. Are you going to read the second one next?

      Delete
  8. Shimmery charcoals like this are just so lovely this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miele M81512SS stove can offer the very best varieties that include a lot modern day consists of.

    Dust the amalgamation cover the sweet potatoes and / or bake inside the 325 by One
    hour. They can be suitable for paler frying gatherings among them lighting cookware, reheating chilly
    temperature solid foods, together with toasting many techniques from regarding that will berry.
    After mouse is also hard pressed that microwave typically is the two stimulated and for deactivated.


    My blog post - cuisinart toaster parts replacement :: toasterovenpicks.com :
    :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one and will respond to all. :)
If you want to leave a link to your blog or website please send me an e-mail rather than leaving it in the comments - I would love to check it out! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...