Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Essie Bobbing for Baubles

Hey everyone! The weather here has officially turned chilly. I had to break out the boots today and put away the flip-flops (yes, I'm one of those people who wear sandals as long as possible into the cooler months). I'm excited, I love sweater and boot weather!

Today's polish is Essie Bobbing for Baubles from Essie's stellar 2011 winter collection.

Sunlight, 2 coats

Shade
Sunlight




















Bobbing for Baubles is an incredibly rich inky navy blue. It's not quite on the level of appearing black, but it is very dark.

This polish has one of the creamiest formulas I've ever worked with! You can definitely get away with one coat, but I do two out of habit and to make sure everything's evened out perfectly.

Bobbing for Baubles is also incredibly glossy - the pictures above are with no topcoat! For extended wear a topcoat is always a good idea, but I wanted to show you just how shiny this one is on its own. I could see my reflection in my nails!

I was a huge fan of Essie's Cocktail Bling collection last year, I got 4/6 of the colours and love each one! Essie recently released a preview of their upcoming winter collection, and I'm so excited that it looks just as good as 2011's! Which shades are you most looking forward to? Where's My Chauffer?, Beyond Cozy, and the titular Leading Lady grab my eye at first. I can't wait until swatches start popping up!

12 comments:

  1. I've got this one and I absolutely love it! The new collection looks amazing too! I love the glittery ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soo excited for the new collection! I need swatches to come soon so we can oogle at the glitters :D

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty..I like that Essies have that one coat tendency about them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Their formula can be hit or miss a lot of the time, but when it's awesome it's AWESOME!

      Delete
  3. I have secretly loved this color for so long - I need to add it to my collection, it's just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope you can add it to your collection soon, you'll love it!

      Delete
  4. Such a deep and mysterious color, perfect for boots and sweaters! :-)
    Ah, I can't wait for Essie's winter collection this year. The colors look so pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so perfect for boots and sweaters! :) I'm glad you're excited for the new collection too, there are so many pretty colours!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one and will respond to all. :)
If you want to leave a link to your blog or website please send me an e-mail rather than leaving it in the comments - I would love to check it out! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...